Slot Thailand airbet88 bagong4d gacor88 klik4d pay4d surga88

Keep Your Legs Sexy ~ Manage Varicose Veins and Spider Veins

Veins that are enlarged in the thighs, back of the calves or inside of the legs are called varicose veins. They may be red or blue and bulge out so they actually appear to be raised. The veins bulge so they appear to be raised. Spider veins are smaller than varicose veins and closer to the skin surface and resemble spider webs.

Veins in the legs have valves that push the circulating blood back to the heart. When these valves are weakened or damaged, the blood is not moved normally and instead pools and backs up in the veins causing them to bulge and beomce varicose.

Approximately 50 percent of people over the age of 50 have varicose or spider veins. They are slightly more common in women than in men. Also, about half of all people who have varicose veins were born with weak veins. If you have a family member with varicose veins, your chance of getting them doubles.

Other risk factors for developing varicose veins are obesity and hormonal changes. A sedentary life style is a big contributing factor. Leg movement is necessary for contraction of the muscles and helps the valves push the blood back to the heart and keeps it from pooling.

If you have any pain or discomfort in your legs, you should see a podiatrist. If left untreated, varicose veins can lead to skin sores or blood clots. The skin covering the veins becomes fragile and thin so any slight injury can result in severe bleeding.

Getting Professional Treatment

It is always our express intent to recommend that you take no chances with foot pain, ankle or knee pain, or injuries. Professional treatment to relieve the pain is available from doctors such as Delray Beach’s Dr. Ian Goldbaum of Delray Beach Podiatry, who has provided us with this blog. If the pain continues, a podiatrist with Dr. Goldbaum’s experience should be consulted. You must get proper treatment to prevent permanent damage.

Our Staff writers are freelance writers with higher education related to, or experience researching and writing for, medical blogs; with education or experience equal to under graduate and graduate degrees in the fields of medicine. 

Enhanced by Zemanta


No category


No responses yet

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *